Tuesday, May 5

Floral Vision

It's typical, I know. But it's also popular for a reason. I'm talking about florals!
Before it becomes sweltering hot, and I feel like I'm in the desert having delusions of a glittering oasis in the middle of nowhere, I swaddle myself in all things floral. I am instantly drawn to that pastel dress or flower lace skirt or floral bustier. Anything pastel, romantic, and floral is a GO. I guess that's why spring is right up there with autumn for me as a favorite season. It's not too hot, not too cold, but so beautiful in its own right.




     You thought I was lying when I wrote this post, right? I was not. All things pastel, floral, or lace are on heavy rotation right now. My daily outfits revolve around one of these prerequisites. And if you find anything pastel, lace, AND floral, you are legally obligated to tell me so I may purchase.

     I don't know if you can tell, but I'm getting more and more comfortable taking photos outdoors in front of people. I'm still not completely OK with it, but I'm becoming less and less self conscious about it, which I think lends itself to other aspects of my life. Not caring as much about what others think I'm doing. It's really freeing.

     Now I have no Mother's Day's plans yet, but I think if I were to spend a day in the park having a picnic with my Mom, I think I'd default to this outfit. It's casual, comfortable to move in, and also easy to sit in (without accidentally flashing people!). What are your Mother's Day plans?

Pink cardigan | Thrifted
Floral corset | Stradivarius
Belt | Thrifted
A-line skirt | Shanghai boutique
Purse | Coach (gift)
Lucite sandals | L.A.M.B.


Stay tuned for more Mother's Day posts!



Linking up ShannaLaurenLindseyJenZarouhi, & Sarah :)


Let's stay in touch!
  &    &   

6 comments:

  1. I love florals so much! I just can't get enough! I could have a whole closet full of florals and be perfectly happy! I really love the shape and length of your skirt!
    ~Sara
    Sincerely, Sara

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! I love the length of the skirt.
    Julia // Little Miss Haute Couture

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Yvonne!

    There is something very special about this outfit- it is so feminine and the big leather belt is an unexpected little something extra! I, too, am shy when I take my photos in front of people! I always look for places off the beaten path but that is hard to do in LA! When I focus on what message I'm creating for my audience, it seems to help! LOL!

    Kiss kiss,

    (='.'=)
    -Lauren
    adorn la femme

    ReplyDelete
  4. The entire outfit is SUPER cute! Love every piece of it. I need those shoes in my life, btw! ;)

    If it makes you feel better, I've been modeling for years and blogging for 4, and I STILL hate taking pictures in public. It's just... weird, you know? You're look great and the pictures are fantastic! Keep it up!

    -Adriele
    www.StyleAssisted.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment! I can't wait to hear what you have to say :)