Tuesday, August 11

Blogiversary Outfit: Year 1

When I saw this photo, I thought I looked like an old time-y starlet addressing the paparazzi:
"Please dahling, stop with the photos~"

When Outnet had its clearance sale a few weeks back, I saw this beautiful, vibrant blue maxi. I bought it as an easy piece to wear to work or out to dinner; nothing special. Boy, was I wrong!



     With a belt, this dress gave me a sultry, svelte figure. I look taller, thinner, and way more voluptuous than allowed. I'm still in shock as I look at these photos, thinking 'did I grow?' I look a solid 3 inches taller than I really am. I don't look 5'3", right?? (160 cm for international readers) I saw the photos and knew at once they would be the outfit I'd use to commemorate my one year anniversary. I want the confidence this dress gives me to be representative of the year to come! :)

     Recently, I read an article where the author wrote about $/wear. She grew up watching her mother use this method to purchase clothing.

     Keeping this in mind, I considered where I would wear this dress and how often. This dress is long and covers my shoulders so I can easily get away with it at work. The relaxed fit and vibrant color makes it great for after work shenanigans. I won't wear it everyday (to avoid stares), but I can easily wear this to as low as $4/wear!


Office appropriate? ✓✓
After-work drinks fun? ✓
Dinner date good? 


Blue Maxi Dress  | T Bags Los Angeles (similar here)
Gold Heels | Charlotte Olympia
Sunglasses | Kate Spade
Jewelry | Shashi, Gorjana, Michael Kors
Ok, if you didn't notice, this last photo is with different shoes. After I went through the photos at night, I noticed I didn't capture how the dress caught the wind and rippled in the air like a blue ocean wave. So one day after work, I dragged the manfriend with me to take some more photos with whatever heels I had on hand!


Have you ever considered a method similar to $/wear?




Let's stay in touch!
  &    &   
Linking up ShannaLaurenLindseyJenZarouhi, & Sarah :)

6 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your blogiversary ;)!! That blue is gorgeous and love your sunnies!

    goldendreamland.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG I LOVE THIS DRESS!!! You look AMAZING!! And so tall!!! Hahaha, this dress is absolutely stunning on you!

    Stopping by from he Pleated Poppy link-up!

    -Adriele
    www.StyleAssisted.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your blue maxi dress. So fab!
    http://fashionablyidu.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look amazing, love this dress!

    http://www.flormorenamodas.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. That dress is amazing and looks awesome on you, great find!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This stunning blue dress is really approved ;) You can also have a look for other nice maxi dresses online at www.gcgme.com
    xx Jess

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment! I can't wait to hear what you have to say :)