Wednesday, August 19

Jailbird



     I love button downs. I love stripes. So it was no surprise I grabbed this little number when I saw it on Asos. Unfortunately for me, I have a witty manfriend who pokes fun at my outfits. Normally I ignore him, but this time, his comment stuck and I can't unstick it!

     What's a girl to do? Go with the flow! He calls them 'prison stripes' because prison uniforms were black and white horizontally striped. I decided to give them a chicer name so they are now known as my 'jailhouse striped' top.

     These photos were taken a day after my haircut so I was still rocking my blowout. I've been eyeing lobs for a bit, and asked my stylist, Bendy, what he thought. He warned me it was a lot of work, especially for someone who asks to be able to wake up and go. I am super lazy, but I love love love all these lobs and bobs I see! What should I do??

Office appropriate? 
After-work drinks fun? ✓
Dinner date good? 

Jailhouse Striped Top  | Asos
Fluted Skirt | Zara
Two-tone pumps | Schutz
(leopard version here)
Sunglasses | Kate Spade
Jewelry | Shashi, Gorjana, Michael Kors

Would you get a lob haircut?




Let's stay in touch!
  &    &   
Linking up ShannaLaurenLindseyJenZarouhi, & Sarah :)

10 comments:

  1. love your look! And those sunglasses are fab! Visiting from the Pleated Poppy link up! You can stop by mine any time!;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely outfit, your skirt is so beautiful!
    x,Abril
    The Color Palette

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't even think about "jailhouse stripes" until you mentioned it! Stripes are always chic, especially when paired with cute heels and a red lip!
    ~Sara
    Sincerely, Sara

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this outfit! Not one that I can pull off easily, but I like it :)

    -Jan
    janmloves.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Totally not prison stripes- way too cute for that.

    Alice
    www.happpinessatmidlife.com

    Would love to see you Thursday for TBT Fashion link up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your look, and color block belt!! Sunnies are also very nice!
    http://sunmoonstyle.blogspot.co.at/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great skirt and glasses!

    Zhenya
    http://beingzhenya.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. so mod and sophisticated! :D

    Have a great weekend!
    Animated Confessions

    ReplyDelete
  9. You can never go wrong with a good button down shirt. And those sunglasses are just fabulous!
    xox,
    Cee
    www.cocoandvera.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment! I can't wait to hear what you have to say :)